We were recently inspired by Danni of Oh Hello Friend to revisit our bucket lists. She created a list of 12 goals she wanted to accomplish by 2012. So, we ladies from LWS thought it’d be a great idea to create (or modify) our own lists and hold each other to accomplishing 12 things over the next few months!
- Take the dog to puppy training classes-Done!
- Run at least 15 miles/week (IT band permitting)- Epic fail!
- Try a spin class Done!
- Launch private practice & have at least 1 client- clinic launched!
- Attend/participate in professional development seminar Done! (ASHA 11/16-11/19)
- Cook 3 meals at home per week- Did it!
- Finish furnishing/decorating apartment- Fail!
- Blog >2x/month on OLOTB- Done!
- Make $5 off of LWS blog. ($4.99!) That counts! Done!
- Get rid of storage unit in DC- Done!
- Join new group/club-Fail!
- Go on weekend trip to Muir Woods, Monterey, or Big Sur- Fail! Only made it to Healdsburg
- Blog once a week through New Years absolutely NOT DONE— but I do have a schedule set for weekly posts through February 2012.
- Find a new “signature scent” (mightylife list item!)
- Finally master crow and be able to jump back to plank (yoga)
- Plan the Fall/Winter Manifesto with Justin DONE!
- Send care packages to all far away friends (mightylife list item!)
- Bake brioche (mightylife list item!)
- Finish cleaning out/organizing closet and bathroom (and take all bagged clothes to donation/resale shops) DONE
- Make a terrarium (mightylife list item!) DONE!
- Get to yoga 4+ times a week for a solid month at least almost done!
- Develop themed lesson plans for therapy for the next few months (see also: buy new books/toys/materials) DONE! Bought tons of new books, have fall lessons planned, need to start on winter.
- Read 3 new books before New Years 1. Tender At the Bone by Ruth Reichl. 2. Mockingjay 3. Canal House Vol 2 & Vol 3
- Learn all the words to “It’s the End of the World As We Know It” (mightylife list item!)
- Make homemade soup. (Doesn’t even matter what kind, just gotta pick a recipe I’ve stockpiled, bust out the immersion blender and do it!) Done! Made some delicious tomato basil.
- Make a photo book of the honeymoon with Nate.
- Organize all of my digital photos since 2003. (They span across 3 hard drives and are a total cluster fuck.)
- Get back to a routine of going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week.
- Use up all of the Groupon/etc. deals I have that expire in December. (Partially done. One restaurant voucher expired before I could use it…)
- Find a nice, new white bedspread. My current duvet is literally going to fall apart any day now. (Done!)
- Host a girl’s cocktail night with Stella & Dot before the holidays. (Done! It was fun!)
- Get a new bag and ride my bike to work. (UPDATE: Bike was stolen, this may take me a bit longer as I need to find a new bike. Ugh.)
- Have a sushi-making dinner with friends.
- Learn how to use chopsticks the correct way.
- Review our honeymoon resorts on Tripadvisor.
- Order glasses from Warby Parker. (Done! I’m the proud owner of some new Nedwins.)